The National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) plays a pivotal role in the lives of Pakistani citizens and overseas Pakistanis alike. As the custodian of national identity cards and the repository of Pakistani citizen data, NADRA ensures seamless registration and access to various facilities for both domestic and international individuals.
For Pakistanis venturing abroad for educational or professional pursuits, the NADRA Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) simplifies the process of maintaining their connection to their homeland. Similarly, the Pakistan Origin Card (POC) facilitates the repatriation of foreigners or former citizens of Pakistan, offering them attractive incentives to reconnect with their roots.
Who is eligible for the Pakistan Origin Card (POC)?
You are eligible for the POC if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a Pakistani citizen who has moved abroad for studies or business purposes.
- You are a former citizen of Pakistan who has returned to the country.
- You are a foreigner who has outstanding ties to Pakistan.
What are the benefits of the POC?
The POC provides several benefits to eligible foreigners and Pakistani citizens, including:
- Numerous visa-free entries to Pakistan
- Unlimited stay in Pakistan
- The ability to purchase or sell property in Pakistan
- The ability to open and use bank accounts in Pakistan
- A quick and easy immigration process
- The ability to apply for jobs within the country
- The POC card serves as ID proof to present to any authority in Pakistan.
What documents are required to apply for the POC?
The following documents are required to apply for the POC:
- A copy of your CNIC/NICOP
- CNIC/NICOP/passport of your parents/grandparents who are Pakistani nationals (any appropriate documents proving your relationship with them)
- CNIC/POC/passport of your siblings/relatives who are Pakistani nationals (any suitable documents proving your relationship with them)
- Attested copy of the marriage certificate
- CNIC/NICOP/passport of your spouse (Pakistani national)
Please note that you will need to provide a few of the above-mentioned documents depending on your particular case.
Smart POC Categories
You can apply for Smart POC in the following categories:
POC Fee Structure
NADRA allows you to choose the delivery type for all services. Let’s have a look at this table:
|Service Type||Normal (31 days)||Urgent (23 days)||Executive (7 days)|
|Cancellation of POC||N/A||N/A||$15|
How to Apply For Nadra Pakistan Origin Card (POC)?
- Visit the NADRA website: Head to the official NADRA website: https://www.nadra.gov.pk/.
- Click on “Apply For POC”: Locate the “Apply For POC” button and click on it.
- Log in or register: If you already have an account, log in using your credentials. If not, create a new account by providing the required information.
- Accept the terms and conditions: Review the terms and conditions carefully and click on “Accept & Continue” to proceed.
- Start a new application: Select the “New Application” option to start a fresh application for your POC card.
- Choose the document type: Under the “Issuance of Identity Document” section, choose “POC” as the document type you’re applying for.
- Select your requirements: Fill out the application form carefully, providing accurate information according to your specific requirements.
- Submit the form: Once you’ve completed the form, review it thoroughly for any errors or omissions and then submit it.
- Pay the application fee: After submitting the form, you will be directed to pay the processing fee for your POC card application.
NADRA Online Tracking
Once you’ve submitted your POC card application, you’ll receive a tracking number from NADRA. This 12-digit code is usually printed on your application form. Use this tracking number to check the status of your application and get an estimated delivery date for your overseas card.
If you have any questions, you can visit the NADRA website or call the NADRA helpline at +9251111786100.
How to renew Nadra Pakistan Origin Card (POC)?
- Check Eligibility: Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria for POC renewal. You must be a Pakistani-origin individual who has surrendered Pakistani nationality or a foreign national married to a Pakistani citizen with Pakistani-origin parents.
- Gather Documents: Collect the required documents, including:
- CNIC, NICOP, Pakistani passport, MNIC, domicile, citizenship certificate, or renunciation certificate of the applicant
- CNIC, NICOP, or Pakistani passport of any of your real (grand)parents/siblings/aunty/uncle/cousin along with a statement from the relative about the relationship
- Affidavit from the applicant for a deceased Pakistani spouse, attested by the Pakistani mission and the concerned foreign office
- Affidavit/death certificate of the father or mother of the Pakistani origin individual (if applicable)
- Choose Application Method: You can apply for POC renewal in two ways:
- Online: Visit the Pak Identity website (https://id.nadra.gov.pk/e-id/authenticate.PAK) and create an account. Select the “POC” tab and click “Renew POC.” Follow the instructions, upload the required documents, and pay the processing fee.
- In-person: Visit a NADRA Enrollment Center with the required documents and application fee. Submit the application form and complete the biometric verification process.
- Processing and Delivery: NADRA will review your application and conduct necessary verifications. If approved, your renewed POC will be dispatched to your registered address or the nearest NADRA Enrollment Center. You’ll receive a tracking ID to monitor the status of your application.
Is NADRA POC An Identity Document?
Yes, the Pakistan Origin Card (POC) is an identity document issued by the National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA) to Pakistani origin individuals who have lost their Pakistani nationality. It serves as proof of identity and allows holders to enjoy various benefits, including:
- Opening and operating bank accounts in Pakistan
- Purchasing and selling properties in Pakistan
- Obtaining a visa-free entry into Pakistan
- Staying in Pakistan indefinitely
- Applying for jobs within the country
Is It Possible for Foreigners Having POC to Operate Bank Accounts in Pakistan?
Yes, POC holders can open and operate bank accounts in Pakistan just like Pakistani citizens. They can access all banking services, including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, and loans.
Can I Get NADRA POC instantly?
No, the processing time for a NADRA POC application varies depending on the chosen application method. The executive option takes a minimum of 7 days, while the standard option takes around one month.
What Is The Difference Between NICOP & POC?
The National Identity Card for Overseas Pakistanis (NICOP) is an identity document issued to Pakistani citizens who reside abroad. It allows them to retain their Pakistani citizenship and enjoy certain benefits, such as visa-free travel to Pakistan and voting rights in Pakistani elections.
In contrast, the Pakistan Origin Card (POC) is issued to Pakistani-origin individuals who have lost their Pakistani nationality. It serves as proof of their Pakistani origin and allows them to regain some of the benefits they may have lost due to their change in nationality.
Can I Surrender/Cancel my POC?
Yes, you can surrender or cancel your POC if you no longer wish to hold it. The cancellation process can be initiated through the online portal.