NADRA is the authority that issues Smart NICOP, a registration document for eligible Pakistani citizens living abroad. You can apply for Smart NICOP for any country and travel to Pakistan without a visa if you have dual nationality. A passport number is required to apply for Smart NICOP for newborns born abroad.
NADRA offers two fee structures for Smart NICOP based on the region. Oman and Qatar, where thousands of Pakistani nationals live, are in Zone B.
Smart NICOP Fee in Oman and Qatar
The Smart NICOP fee in Oman and Qatar in September 2023 is USD 20 for normal processing, USD 30 for urgent processing, and USD 40 for executive processing. No matter your age or marital status, these fees apply to everyone.
You can pay the Smart NICOP fee online through the NADRA website or at any NADRA Registration Center (NRC). To pay the fee, you will need to create an account on the NADRA website or provide your passport number and CNIC number at the NRC. also read: Nadr jv card
Once you have paid the fee, you can track the status of your application on the NADRA website. Your Smart NICOP will be delivered to your address once it has been processed.
Here are the steps on how to apply for NICOP:
- You can apply for NICOP at a NADRA Registration Center (NRC) or through the Pak Identity website.
- If you choose to apply at an NRC, you will need to bring your passport, a recent photograph, and a gazetted officer to attest your application form.
- Your photograph and fingerprints will be taken at the NRC.
- Your application form will be printed and you will need to review it before submitting it.
- You can also apply for NICOP online through the Pak Identity website. You will need to create an account and upload your documents.
- Your NICOP will be delivered to your doorstep once it is processed.
also read: Nadra Smart Card
Here are the documents you’ll need to apply for NICOP:
- A valid Pakistani passport.
- A recent passport-size photo.
- An application form attested by a gazetted officer (you can skip this if you have a blood relative with you).
- A copy of your CNIC or NICOP (if you have one).
- A copy of your birth certificate (if you’re applying for a NICOP for the first time).
- A copy of your marriage certificate (if you’re married).
- A copy of your divorce decree (if you’re divorced).
- A copy of your death certificate (if your spouse or parent has died).