NADRA new policy for lost CNICs
NADRA has a new policy for lost CNICs. You can no longer get a regular CNIC in place of your lost one. Instead, you can only get a Smart CNIC. NADRA has stopped issuing reprint CNICs.
Don’t worry if you’ve lost your CNIC. You can get a new one. Here’s what you need to do:
- You must be a Pakistani citizen.
- You must have a valid passport or other identity document.
- You must be able to provide biometric data, such as your fingerprints and iris scan.
- A copy of your FIR (First Information Report) for the lost CNIC.
- Two passport-size photographs.
- A fee of Rs. 750.
- Your original CNIC (if you have it).
- Visit a NADRA registration center.
- Fill out the application form.
- Get your fingerprints and photograph taken.
- Pay the fee.
- You will receive a receipt with a tracking number.
- You can track the status of your application online or by calling the NADRA helpline.
- Once your application is processed, you will receive a new CNIC.
Processing Time and Fee of Lost ID Card
|Sr. No.||Processing priority type||Time||Fee|
|1.||Normal||31 days||Rs. 750/-|
|2.||Urgent||23 Days||Rs. 1500/-|
|3.||Executive||7 days.||Rs. 2500/-|
Can I get a reprint of my CNIC if I lose it?
No, you can’t get a reprint of your CNIC. NADRA has stopped issuing reprint CNICs. You can only get a Smart CNIC.
Do I need a copy of an FIR or a police report to get a duplicate CNIC?
No, it’s not mandatory to have a copy of an FIR or a police report. But it’s a good idea to have one for your own safety in case your CNIC is misused.
Do I need to bring anyone with me to the NADRA office to get a duplicate CNIC?
Yes, you need to bring a blood relative with you to the NADRA office to get a duplicate CNIC.