In this article, I’ll show you how to check your voting information through SMS and give you proof. I’ll also explain why it’s important to keep your voting information up to date.
It is very easy and simple to check the vote by SMS. Here’s how you can find out about your vote, where you can vote, and a lot more:-
How to check your vote details through SMS:
- Type your CNIC number (without the hyphen) into your phone’s messaging app.
- Send the message to 8300.
- You will receive an SMS reply with your name, electoral area, block code, and serial number.
Vote SMS Sample
When you will send CNIC number to 8300 in the manner provided above, following type of SMS will be sent to you in reply.
Why is it important to be updated with your voting details?
Your vote is your right, and it’s important to make sure it counts. That’s why it’s important to be updated with your voting details.
In Pakistan, your vote can be shifted from one Union Council to another even without your consent. This means that if you’re not updated with your voting details, you could end up voting in the wrong Union Council, or not being able to vote at all.
Here’s an example:
- You’re a registered voter in Union Council A.
- You want to vote for a specific candidate from Union Council A in the upcoming elections.
- However, your vote has been shifted to Union Council B without your consent.
- On election day, you go to vote in Union Council A, but you’re not allowed to vote because your vote is now in Union Council B.
- You can’t vote for the candidate you wanted to vote for, and your vote is lost.
To avoid this situation, it’s important to be updated with your voting details. You can check your vote details by sending a text message with your CNIC number to 8300.
If you find out that your vote has been shifted to the wrong Union Council, you can contact the Election Commission of Pakistan to have it shifted back.