Apply Online Now! How to Change Marital Status in NADRA Database from Unmarried to Married
NADRA Database Marital Status Change Guide

In Pakistan, when a baby is born, their name is registered with the government under the biological father’s name. When a woman gets married, her name is changed from her father’s name to her husband’s name. This is called a marital status change.

Marital status changes are mostly for women because their name changes after marriage. Men rarely need to change their marital status, except in special cases.

How to change marital status if husband and wife live abroad?

You can apply to change your marital status at a NADRA office in your country, or online by following the steps I outlined above.

Is it necessary to change your marital status?

Yes, if you live outside of Pakistan, you will need an updated CNIC for many immigration purposes.

Can I register on the Pak Identity website with someone else’s data?

No, you cannot enter someone else’s information on your application. Otherwise, your application may be rejected by NADRA.

Requirements to Transfer:

To transfer your marital status to the NADRA database, you will need to provide the following documents:

  • Original CNIC of the applicant
  • Original marriage certificate
  • Original CNIC of the spouse

Methos to Change Marital Status in NADRA Database

NADRA Executive Centers Steps

To change your marital status at a NADRA Executive Center:

  1. Go to the nearest NADRA center and get a token.
  2. Wait for your turn and present your documents to the officer.
  3. Get a printed version of the application.

If your husband lives abroad:

  • Bring your original CNIC and your husband’s original CNIC.
  • Also, bring your husband’s mother or father.

If you are separated from your husband:

If you have lost your marriage certificate:

  • You will need to get an affidavit form from NADRA and have it attested by a commissioner.

Once you have completed all of the steps, your application will be processed and you will receive a new CNIC with your updated marital status.

Steps to Apply Online

To change your marital status online:

  1. Go to the NADRA website ( and create an account.
  2. If you are a Pakistani resident, click on the “NIC” link.
  3. If you are an overseas Pakistani, click on the “NICOP” link.
  4. Select the “Modify Data” query type.
  5. Click on the “Change Marital Status” option.
  6. Click on the “Apply” button.

How long does it take to change my marital status with NADRA?

NADRA offers different service packages, so the processing time for a marital status change depends on the package you choose.

  • Regular: Up to 30 days
  • Urgent: 15-20 days
  • Executive: 7 days

Please note that these are just estimates and the actual processing time may vary depending on factors such as the volume of applications and the complexity of your case.

Leave a Comment